Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fig and Bacon Afternoon Indulgence

My figs were going to go bad if I didn't use them today, so I whipped up this appetizer.


Marinated Figs with Goat Cheese and Bacon:

*Halve some figs.

*Pour a small amount of balsamic vinegar on each fig and let sit for about fifteen minutes.

*Spread them on a baking sheet with the cut side up, and using your finger make a small dent in each piece.

*Fill that dent with cheese. I used a soft Chèvre from Trader Joes.

*Meat that fig up! If you're classy use prosciutto; I only had bacon to work with.

*Put the figs in your oven on the broil setting; cook them until delicious. ( I overdid mine... )





I should not be allowed near a broiler. I don't think I have ever successfully used my broiler. Even a bit overcooked they still came out tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment